- Category: Uncategorised
iCampfire.TV is going social!
Our dream for iCampfire.TV is to make a place for everyone to share indigenous culture.
To make this dream possible we're working really hard on a brand new iCampfire.TV member experience that will provide you with your own social profile and channel. A keeping place for your own culture and content. This will allow you to contribute your own content to your own iCampfire whether you're an individual, a community group, a large organisation or a small business. Anyone and everyone will be able to contribute to the conversation!
Once you've customised your own iCampfire.TV member profile you'll be able to form your own social networks within iCampfire.TV. You'll be able to do things like develop co-interest communities, upload your own photo galleries and video content and posts, create smaller organic groups, have access to event management tools and calendars, and private message other iCampfire.TV members in your social network. Plus you'll be able to integrate your iCampfire.TV profile into external social networks like Facebook and Twitter. Plus much more!
And the best thing? It's free!
The NEW iCampfire.TV Social Network is coming in mid 2012. Register your interest here and we'll send you an invite when we're ready for you to join and contribute to the conversation!
Until then…see you round the campfire!
The iCampfire.TV Team
- Category: Uncategorised
iCampfire.tv is a sharing place for indigenous culture.
It’s a place for people to tell stories, share culture, art, films, photographs and language…and more.
If you think you can help broadcast Australian indigenous culture to the world and would like to assist in the effort to digitize and preserve our culture for future generations we’d love to hear from you.
We welcome content contributions from everyone – especially the following types of people and organisations;
- Indigenous people
- Anthropologists, botanists or archeologists
- Aboriginal Corporations, language centres or indigenous linguists
- Indigenous filmmakers, artists, photographers and musicians (amateur or professional)
- Indigenous authors, storytellers or writers
- Indigenous media or production organisations
- Indigenous culture centres
- Category: Uncategorised
Facebook.com/iCampfireTV, Twitter.com/iCampfireTV, iCampfireTV.tumblr.com
Notice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people: Images of deceased persons may appear on this website.
Welcome to the Web site and related social media sites of the iCampfire.tv,
owned and published by Weerianna Street Media Pty Limited (A.B.N.: 62 964 434 272), (“WSM”).
1. General - Access to and use of this Web site, the and the social media related sites, including Facebook.com/iCampfireTV, Twitter.com/iCampfireTV, iCampfireTV.tumblr.com (referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “iCampfire.tv”) is subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any use of this Web site shall constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with any of these Terms and conditions, please do not use this site.
2. Copyright Ownership and Permitted Use - Unless otherwise stated, the materials available at iCampfire.tv are the property of WSM or third parties licensed to WSM, and are protected under Australian and international copyright laws and conventions. Except as otherwise provided by Australian copyright law, materials from iCampfire.tv may be viewed, reproduced, or stored for private, non-commercial purposes only.You may view and download one copy of the material for your own personal and non-commercial use only. Otherwise, you must not copy, reproduce, alter, republish, frame, upload, post, transmit, distribute, communicate to the public, or use the material in any way other than as expressly authorised either in this site or in writing by WSM. For information on obtaining permission to copy beyond that permitted by these Terms and Conditions, please refer to WSM.
3. Trademark Ownership - The WSM and logo designs including Weerianna Street Media, iCampfire.tv and the The Digital Dreamtime Project logos and designs (“WSM Trademarks”) are common law trademarks of WSM. Any use of WSM Trademarks in connection with the sale, offering for sale, distribution, or advertising of any goods or services, which is likely to cause confusion, to cause mistake, or to deceive, is strictly prohibited.
4. Web Site Integrity - Interfering with the operation of iCampfire.tv or circumventing the iCampfire.tv security system is strictly prohibited.
5. Modifications of Terms and Conditions - We reserve the right to make changes to these terms and conditions from time to time which will take effect from the date of posting on the website. Your continued use of the site will mark your acceptance of any changes to the terms and conditions.
6. Web Site Modifications and Availability - WSM will make reasonable efforts to keep iCampfire.tv available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. However, owing to technical failures, routine maintenance, or other unforeseen circumstances, availability may be limited and WSM will not be responsible for the non-availability of iCampfire.tv. WSM reserves the right to modify, suspend, discontinue, or restrict access to, all or any part of iCampfire.tv at any time.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability - Materials published at iCampfire.tv include materials and contributions by other people and organisations. WSM is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any such material or conclusions reached from that material.
ICAMPFIRE.TV IS PROVIDED "AS IS" ON AN "AS AVAILABLE BASIS" WITHOUT WARRANTEE OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL WSM, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE INABILITY TO USE, OR THE USE OF, ICAMPFIRE.TV, WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES, OR ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF ICAMPFIRE.TV .
8. User-Generated Content and Communication Forum Guidelines - The following provisions apply to user-generated content posted, or submitted for posting, to iCampfire.tv. By submitting content to WSM Online, you agree to the following provisions, which may be amended from time to time. Also, this site may contain communication facilities which provide feedback by users to WSM and others, real-time interaction between users and other electronic messaging and notice services (‘Communication Forum’)
1. You agree that you are fully responsible for the content and for the results of Communication Forum that you post, exchange down or upload or submit. You agree that you will not post or submit any content that (i) is defamatory, obscene, or abusive, (ii) violates or infringes upon the proprietary, publicity, or privacy rights of any third party, (iii) violates or encourages the violation of any applicable indigenous cultural or heritage obligations or rights, local, state, national, or international law, rule, or regulation, or (iv) is otherwise inappropriate. You agree not to post or submit any personal information of another person. You will indemnify WSM Pty Ltd, of 10 Weerianna Street, ROEBURNE WA 6718, (A.B.N.: 17149080731] (“WSM”), publisher of iCampfire.tv, from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of the content you post or submit. You understand and agree that WSM is not responsible for content posted or submitted for posting by third parties.
2. The managers of iCampfire.tv, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to reject, edit, remove, or otherwise alter any content submitted or posted to iCampfire.tv for any reason. WSM reserves the right, in its sole discretion to revoke a user’s privilege to submit or post content to iCampfire.tv. WSM reserves the right to fully co-operate with any legal order, direction or request to disclose the identity or other information in respect of anyone posting any materials which violate any law.
3. By posting or submitting content to iCampfire.tv, you hereby warrant and agree that you have full consent and authority to post both under indigenous cultural intellectual property and heritage obligations and under Australian law. By so posting and submitting, you grant to WSM a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide license to use, reproduce, sublicense, modify, publicly perform, display, translate, create derivative works from, and distribute that material, in whole or in part, and incorporate it into other WSM publications, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You authorise WSM to publish your name and location (city, state and/or country) in connection with any use of your submission to iCampfire.tv and in identifying yourself and location, you represent that you have done so accurately. Once your submission is posted, you will not have the right to have it removed or edited upon reasonable request to WSM.
4. Submissions to iCampfire.tv must be legible, comprehensible, and written in the English [or insert language group] language.
5. You agree that you have disclosed any relevant competing interests that, when broadly viewed, could be construed as a conflict of interest or the appearance thereof including, without limitation, financial or beneficial conflicts of interest, employment relationships, and affiliations with other entities or interests.
6. The information and opinions expressed in any user generated content or Communication Forum are not necessarily those of WSM or its affiliates. WSM is not responsible for any material in any Communication Forum. You are solely responsible for any material submitted or published by you.
9. International Use - iCampfire.tv is managed and operated within Australia. WSM makes no representation that the materials or services available at or through iCampfire.tv are appropriate or available for use outside of Australia. If you access iCampfire.tv from outside of Australia, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
10 Linked Sites and Advertising - This site contains links to other websites. WSM is not responsible for the content of other websites or any link contained in other websites. WSM provides these links to you as a convenience only. If you access any other website, you do so entirely at your own risk.This site may also contain advertisements by other people. These advertisements are not recommendations or endorsements by WSM and WSM is not responsible for the products and/or services being advertised. Please refer to the relevant advertiser for all information regarding the advertiser and its products and/or services.External websites to which we provide hypertext links are not under our control and we take no responsibility and shall not be liable in any way for their content.
11. Choice of Law and Forum - The use of iCampfire.tv, these Terms and Conditions, and all actions contemplated by these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Australia in Western Australia as if these Terms and Conditions were an agreement wholly entered into and wholly performed within the state of Western Australia. The exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or action arising from or relating to these Terms and Conditions or the use of iCampfire.tv shall be with the state or federal courts located in NSW Australia.
12. Endorsements - Descriptions of, references to, or links to other products, publications, or services does not imply endorsement of any kind unless expressly stated by WSM.
13. Login Security - Sharing iCampfire.tv login information is strictly prohibited.
The content of this site is information not advice and therefore cannot be relied upon in any way.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and currency of all information and the integrity and security of the code and data used on this site, all liability for any loss or damage arising out of actual content, code errors, data loss, viruses or security loss is entirely disclaimed.
The provision of any links to sites outside of WSM does not constitute approval of the views or accreditation of the content of these sites by WSM.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright in all materials displayed on this website is owned by the Weerianna Street Media Pty Limited (WSM) or used under licence.
Under the Copyright Act, you may be entitled to make limited copies of information on this website for the purposes of private study, criticism or review. You may not use or reproduce any copyright material on this website for any other purpose without the prior written consent of WSM.
- Category: Uncategorised
The campfire is an integral part of Australian indigenous culture.
It’s a special place where aboriginal culture, knowledge, history and governance is discussed and exchanged. And it’s a place where stories are told, songs are sung, dance is performed and meals are prepared, cooked and shared.
iCampfire.TV is a place to broadcast, share and preserve Australian indigenous culture. It’s a place for everyone.
The kangaroo’s and turtles in the iCampfire.tv logo represent Australian saltwater and freshwater aboriginal people who have come together, around the campfire, for tens of thousands of years.
iCampfire.tv is a special destination where everyday people from all over the world can experience and learn about Australian indigenous culture & history. It’s a keeping place, a sharing place and an inspirational, educational digital gallery.
We welcome content contributions from everyone – especially filmmakers and photographers. You can talk to us about contributing stories and media for the iCampfire here.
Click here to contact us at iCampfire.tv
Weerianna Street Media / Digital Dreamtime Project
iCampfire.tv is a Weerianna Street Media (WSM) creation and production and is a part of The Digital Dreamtime Project.
Weerianna Street Media (WSM) is a proud indigenous multimedia production company location in Roebourne, Western Australia.
WSM is owned and operated by Tyson Mowarin – father, filmmaker, photographer, musician and a proud Ngarluma man. Tyson lives in Roebourne in the West Australian Pilbara region.
iCampfire.tv is part of the The Digital Dreamtime Project - a series of multimedia projects all designed and created with the sole objective of exploring and exploiting digital technologies that will assist in the identification, preservation and documentation of Australian indigenous culture.